Monday 30 September 2013

Twister Table Runner

I was given a small Twister ruler by a friend, and decided to use a charm pack to make a table runner as my first project.  The charm pack I used is called "Warmth", by Howard Marcus, for Moda.

Following the instructions, I laid out the charm pack squares in a pleasing design and sewed them together with a border round the outside.





The next step was to cut out the Twister blocks, and sew them together again.  


I added an outer border where I used some of the offcuts to make tiny Twister blocks in each corner.

The table runner still needs to be quilted,  but I have no idea what pattern to use, so will wait till inspiration strikes.  I don't know what would suit the block pattern best.
The Twister ruler was easy to use, and I really like the effect it gives from simple squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment